Need More Information about Deep Tissue Massage?
We all are familiar with the unquestionable physical and mental benefits of massages. This is one of the most effective and fastest ways to improve your muscle tone and wellness as a whole. When it comes to deep tissue massage, however, most people have a wrong idea about it. This blog post aims to provide you with accurate information about this body technique and debunk some common deceptions:
- What is that kind of body work? Deep tissue massage is a method concentrated on the deeper layers of muscles in the human body. When performed by a professional massage therapist, it will help you get rid of your physical chronic pain. The most common places that it appears are the shoulders, back, neck, and legs.
- How does it work? A good and dependable expert will need to know the basics of the human body anatomy. He needs to know how much pressure to apply on certain zones and according to certain pains. Normally, this type of body work is done with fingertips, thumbs, or elbows pressing directly the painful area. At first glance, it may sound like a forceful method for pain relief but in fact, its relaxing effects come so fast that most people take a few sessions until the pain is completely gone.
- Is it painful? When it is done by a therapist with extensive expertise, you should feel pain to some degree but it’s more like a certain discomfort. If the pain becomes too strong, inform your therapist to stop for a while.
- What does it cure? As we already mentioned this, one of the greatest advantages of deep tissue massage is alleviating chronic pain and stiffness. It is also used for limited mobility, rehabilitation from injuries, postural issues, as well as muscle tension and spasms. Furthermore, taking regular sessions will help you normalize your blood pressure and reduce the stress level.
- Can anyone take such sessions? No. Actually, this technique is not recommended for people with blood clots in their veins. Also, people who suffer cancer with a chemo and patients who have had surgeries recently should not have it either.
Need a good massage therapist in the Carlsbad, CA area? You don’t have to search no more as Zen Mobile Spa Massage Therapist is at your service. Call us now at (760) 388-2097 to book your next relaxing adventure.